Currently Not In-Store - Available to Order
Everyone's favorite meaty dishes go vegan with delicious plant-based recipes featuring beefy crumbles, chicken-style strips, sausage, bacon, seafood, and more!
Whether you're exploring vegan options for environmental, ethical, or health reasons, Nava Atlas's protein-focused recipes extend a warm welcome to the plant-powered protein revolution!
Today's innovative meat alternatives prove you don't have to sacrifice meaty flavors to enjoy a plant-based diet. You'll discover new ways to prepare familiar favorites, from nostalgic classics to bold global fare with dishes are kinder to the earth and better for you.Plant-Powered Protein
offers 125 recipes for using plant-based proteins thoughtfully, incorporating whole foods and fresh vegetables. Bridging the divide between the traditional comfort food diet and the whole food plant-based approach, you'll find an array of flavorful, easy recipes including:
- Soups and stews like New England Clamless Chowder and Beefy Barley & Bean Stew
- Comfort favorites like Classic Meat Loaf and Italian-Style Sausage & Peppers
- Global-inspired dishes like Korean Bulgogi Bowls, Mongolian-ish Beef, and Thai-Inspired Beefy Salad
- Diner specialties like Gyros, Philly Cheesesteaks, and "Tuna" Melts;
- Indulgent eats like Carne Asada Fries; Pulled Protein Tacos, and Baked Spaghetti Pie
- Brunch winners like Biscuits with Sausage Gravy and Spicy Chorizo Tofu Scramble.
These budget-friendly, approachable recipes will satisfy staunch meat-lovers, picky eaters, and healthy food fans alike. And for those with a DIY spirit, Nava provides from-scratch recipes for plant-powered ground, meatballs, sausage, bacon-style strips, and more.
About the Author
is a vegan cooking expert and the author of many bestselling cookbooks, including 5-Ingredient Vegan, Vegan on a Budget, Wild About Greens,
and Vegan Holiday Kitchen
Nava also creates visual books on women's issues and runs two websites, TheVeganAtlas.com and LiteraryLadiesGuide.com. She lives in the Hudson Valley region of New York State with her family.